Everyone knows that more than the water cooler, coworkers migrate toward the office coffee pot, where they gather to enjoy a bit of socialization with fellow employees, or simply take a breather from a tedious office task. Many people do not know, however, that there are benefits of coffee drinking, a few which may surprise you. According to a Dutch study, some of the benefits of coffee include:
- Memory Enhancement. Researchers noted an improvement in brain activity, of office workers during testing of memory function. The caffeine in coffee, benefits, in the short term, skills and reaction times of an employee.
- Possible Reduction in Alzheimer’s and Dementia. Pursuant to number one above, studies have shown that certain plaque build-up is decreased with caffeine consumption, so one’s employees may enjoy future mental health as another benefit of coffee!
- Decreased Risk of Developing Type 2 Diabetes. Another coffee benefit, especially in decaffeinated coffee, is a lowering of the risk factors associated with Type 2 diabetes, due to caffeine reducing the protein deposits found in those with this condition.
- Coffee Increases Stamina. It has been noted that exercise performance has improved and stamina enhanced when consuming coffee before and after a workout. This translates into an employee always being at the top of their game during their workday.
- Lowers Risk of Developing Gout. A form of arthritis, gout is caused by a buildup of uric acid in the joints, causing inflammation and as a result, pain and discomfort. For an office worker, access to that java machine during one’s workday, may provide him/her the benefit of preventing this condition because of the antioxidant properties of coffee.
The above documents studies about the health benefits of coffee drinking. The results show that by providing coffee for their employees, a company creates a healthier work environment, improved production, and an energetic goal oriented staff. So visit U.S. Coffee today and Viva le caffe!